Forum: Ruby on Rails adding new validates_foo to the models

Charlie B. (Guest)
I was thinking of adding some new validates_foo to my models.  How could
I create these so that they are reusable in my other apps.  Would these
need to be plugins?  I'm not sure how to go about creating these.

Charlie B.
http://www.recentrambles.com
Charlie B. (Guest)
Is it not possible to add your own validations like this?  I would
rather have them like this than in their own validate methods.

On Mon, 2006-03-13 at 14:56 -0500, Charlie B. wrote:

> Rails mailing list
> removed_email_address@domain.invalid

Charlie B.
Programmer
Castle Branch Inc.
Jordan E. (Guest)
> Is it not possible to add your own validations like this?  I would rather
> have them like this than in their own validate methods.

This might help:

http://wiki.rubyonrails.com/rails/pages/HowToAddCu...
Charlie B. (Guest)
Thanks, I'll try that out.

On Tue, 2006-03-14 at 23:02 +0000, Jordan E. wrote:

Charlie B.
Programmer
Castle Branch Inc.