Forum: Ruby on Rails UPS Shipping Table?

Bryan C. (Guest)
on 2006-03-13 21:24
Has anyone been able to get a UPS shipping calculator implemented into
their site with Rails? It seems the only options they show on their site
both use UPS's own page displayed either standalone or within your own
header and footer, but no straight API with a callback or anything. Can
anyone point me in the right direction?
Matt R. (Guest)
The developer whom I work with has gotten it working on our site. He's
using
the API. I'm not sure where it is on their site, but one exists. I'll
take a
look around our files and see if I can find a link for you. The
developer is
out for the rest of the week, but I'll also shoot him an email to see if
he
knows the url off hand.

Good luck :)
Brad E. (Guest)
Try this:

http://rubyforge.org/projects/shipping

--
Brad E.
866-EDIGERS

You need to register and open a UPS account. They have useful tools in
the
Online Tools section.
Bryan C. (Guest)
on 2006-03-13 22:25
Matt R. wrote:
> http://www.ups.com/e_comm_access/gettools_index?loc=en_US
>
> You need to register and open a UPS account. They have useful tools in
> the
> Online Tools section.

Matt,

I have done that, but their method uses a UPS formatted page, not just a
CGI response that can be used within your applicaion. We don't want the
user to see anything UPS related other than the shipping price.
Brad E. (Guest)
I believe UPS has web services to access shipping price. Anyway, the
gem I referred you to in an earlier email (gem install shipping)
interfaces with the UPS APIs to get, among other things, just a
shipping price.
--
Brad E.
866-EDIGERS