Forum: Ruby Nabaztag 0.1

Paul B. (Guest)
http://opensource.reevoo.com/2006/03/13/release-nabaztag-01/

I'm pleased to announce the public release of our Nabaztag
communication library for Ruby.

The Nabaztag (http://www.nabaztag.com/) is a small electronic rabbit
with lights, motorised ears, and speech.

The library enables control of the text-to-speech, ear movement, and
choreography features of a Nabaztag device. It implements a small DSL
for choreography commands.

Paul.

PS - Yes, we actually use this at work!
unknown (Guest)
On Tue, 14 Mar 2006, Paul B. wrote:

> for choreography commands.
>
> Paul.
>
> PS - Yes, we actually use this at work!

may we ask - for what?  ;-)

-a
Paul B. (Guest)
> > PS - Yes, we actually use this at work!
>
> may we ask - for what?  ;-)

It performs a couple of announcement functions. First, it reports the
success or failure of builds on the continuous integration machine.
Second, it announces every time our review aggregation service
receives a ping. It's nothing that couldn't be handled by a computer
playing a few samples (or using OS X's text-to-speech), but it's more
interesting this way!

Paul.
Robert F. (Guest)
On 3/13/06, Paul B. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> interesting this way!

:)

I find the whole idea of a Ruby library for controlling a little white
rabbit through a REST-ful API over the Internet very entertaining. :)
Thanks for this! I will probably use it for my upcoming programming
introduction for my daughter... :)

Regards,

Robert F.
Vincent A. (Guest)
Being French, I particularly appreciated the phonetic translation to
French of your warning sentence. It made me laugh out loud !

Vincent
Charlie B. (Guest)
I never thought I would want a small toy rabbit but I do!  Does it work
in the US?

On Tue, 2006-03-14 at 01:23 +0900, Robert F. wrote:

> > playing a few samples (or using OS X's text-to-speech), but it's more
>
> Robert F.

Charlie B.
Programmer
Castle Branch Inc.
James A. (Guest)
Paul, can you bring that to the next LRUG meeting?

Oh, and you're insured if it goes missing, aren't you....? *ahem* :)

- james
zdennis (Guest)
Paul B. wrote:
> for choreography commands.
>
> Paul.
>
> PS - Yes, we actually use this at work!

That's pretty sweet Paul. Thanks for sharing!

Zach
Bill B. (Guest)
Awesome idea!

I can just see the remake of the Matrix, "Neo, follow the nabaztag". :)

--Bill

Bill B.
i-name: xri://=Bill.Barnhill (For more info:
http://2idi.com/grs/index.php?referral_code=communitivity
)