Forum: Ruby on Rails Ruby on Rails Applications - To get RSS Feeds

Sumanth K. (Guest)
on 2006-03-13 15:13
Hi, all I am new to Ruby and also Ruby on Rails.
I would like to know how we can get the RSS Feeds and display them in a
Ruby on Rails applications.

Thanks in Advance,
sumi
Jens K. (Guest)
On Mon, Mar 13, 2006 at 02:13:57PM +0100, Sumanth A. wrote:
> Hi, all I am new to Ruby and also Ruby on Rails.
> I would like to know how we can get the RSS Feeds and display them in a
> Ruby on Rails applications.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=parse+rss...

feedtools (http://sporkmonger.com/projects/feedtools/, one of the top5
results of above search) is a rather complete rss/atom parser suite
including support caching and merging of retrieved feeds.

Jens
Sumanth K. (Guest)
on 2006-03-13 15:39
Jens K. wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 13, 2006 at 02:13:57PM +0100, Sumanth A. wrote:
>> Hi, all I am new to Ruby and also Ruby on Rails.
>> I would like to know how we can get the RSS Feeds and display them in a
>> Ruby on Rails applications.
>
> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=parse+rss...
>
> feedtools (http://sporkmonger.com/projects/feedtools/, one of the top5
> results of above search) is a rather complete rss/atom parser suite
> including support caching and merging of retrieved feeds.
>
> Jens

Thanks Jens.
But as I am new I am not getting it right away.
Let me present you my problem.
I have to build a Ruby on Rails application which gets the recent posts
from the specific blogs.  As far as I know, I need to parse the RSS
Feeds of the particular blogs and get the recent posts displayed(if
any).
Can you help me in this with explaination.

Thanks in Advance.