Forum: Ruby on Rails a better way to alias methods

M Daggett (Guest)
Hi is there a better way to accomplish this task?

class PortfolioController < ProjectController
    layout 'portfolio'

    def boing
        redirect_to :action=>:index
    end

    alias_method :new     , :boing
    alias_method :destroy , :boing
    alias_method :edit    , :boing
    alias_method :update  , :boing
end

My portfolio controller implements view only control of the project
controller therefore I want to prevent the user from poking around for
sensitive methods inside the project controller.
This is my current implementation, but it doesn't feel very DRY.
Thanks,
Mark
James L. (Guest)
On 3/12/06, M Daggett <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
>     alias_method :edit    , :boing
>     alias_method :update  , :boing
> end
>
> My portfolio controller implements view only control of the project
> controller therefore I want to prevent the user from poking around for
> sensitive methods inside the project controller.
> This is my current implementation, but it doesn't feel very DRY.
> Thanks,
> Mark

If that's the only method you want to expose, you could define a route
that always calls that action when that controller is accessed.