Forum: Ruby Ruby 1.8.4 One-Click Installer

Greg K. (Guest)
I just wanted to say good job for the folks responsible for the
integrated IRB and Ruby help app that's bundled with the Ruby 1.8.4
One-Click Installer. This app is a great resource so folks can browse
the various classes and their respective methods. It reminds me of the
Smalltalk system browsers and is likely a welcome addition to a
newbie's toolbelt. Great work!
Mc Osten (Guest)
Il 12-03-2006 gregarican ha scritto:

> I just wanted to say good job for the folks responsible for the
> integrated IRB and Ruby help app that's bundled with the Ruby 1.8.4
> One-Click Installer.

Are we talking about Windows? Could you please post I link?
I installed quite recently ruby on windows, but the binary installer was
only for 1.8.2. I probably have missed out the 1.8.4, but...
Curt H. (Guest)
On 3/13/06, Mc Osten <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Il 12-03-2006 gregarican ha scritto:
>
> > I just wanted to say good job for the folks responsible for the
> > integrated IRB and Ruby help app that's bundled with the Ruby 1.8.4
> > One-Click Installer.
>
> Are we talking about Windows? Could you please post I link?
> I installed quite recently ruby on windows, but the binary installer was
> only for 1.8.2. I probably have missed out the 1.8.4, but...

The O.-Click Ruby Installer 1.8.4 preview3 has been posted since Jan
31. As I mentioned in the announcment, its preview3 and not final
because it still has a few flaws (enumerated in the announcement) that
need to be fixed before final but that most people won't care about.

The OCI download page is here:

  http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=167

The current bug list is here:

  http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?atid=715&group_id=16...

Curt
Mc Osten (Guest)
On Mon, 13 Mar 2006 20:58:52 +0900, Curt H. wrote:

> The O.-Click Ruby Installer 1.8.4 preview3 has been posted since Jan
> 31.

Sigh.. I totally missed it. Sorry.