Forum: Ruby mysql command line

(Guest)
does anyone know how to delete databases/tables in mysql command line?
Lou V. (Guest)
if you're referring to the mysql client program,

   drop table table_name;
   drop database db_name;

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/drop-database.html
(Guest)
so does that actually DELETE it?
(Guest)
don't worry about that last one!
(Guest)
so then,
what does drop table if exists do?
unknown (Guest)
Hi --

On Sun, 12 Mar 2006, removed_email_address@domain.invalid wrote:

> so then,
> what does drop table if exists do?

It drops the table if the table exists, without raising an error if it
doesn't.

I'm not sure how this topic ended up on this mailing list, which is
about Ruby.  Can you try to find an SQL or MySQL list to discuss this
on?

David

"Ruby for Rails" chapters now available
Tom R. (Guest)
It seems a ligit question to me especially since Ruby interfaces so
easily with mysql.