Forum: Ruby on Rails Displaying a Tree

Pete P. (Guest)

Just a request for comments and ideas really. I need to display a Tree
so that users can easily navigate to and from the various branches. I'm
not really sure how best to do this, so I thought I'd ask here in case
anyone had any ideas...

Thanks in advance!
Gaudi M. (Guest)
on 2006-03-12 05:02
I take it this is a generic browser/html question and doesn't really
have a Ruby/Rails aspect to it?

I would suggest one of the various JavaScript tree code snippets that
I've seen on the web for years.  Also there are Java applet
implementations.

Pete Palmer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just a request for comments and ideas really. I need to display a Tree
> so that users can easily navigate to and from the various branches. I'm
> not really sure how best to do this, so I thought I'd ask here in case
> anyone had any ideas...
>
> Thanks in advance!
Jonathan V. (Guest)
Dojo has a nice tree widget. Check out dojotoolkit.org.

http://archive.dojotoolkit.org/dojo-2006-03-11/tests/widget/

Have a look at the test_Tree_*.html examples.

-Jonathan.
Tom M. (Guest)

http://www.epiphyte.ca/code/live_tree.html

--