Forum: Ruby on Rails 500 internal server error

Mike A. (Guest)
Sort of new at all this...

I installed Ruby on Rails on my Mac according to the instructions on
HiveLogic's blog.  I can run the server and even create my database
schema automatically.  But when I try to open up my results, I end up
getting a 500 Internal Server error on my browser.  My Unix terminal
reads the following:

dyld: NSLinkModule() error
dyld: Symbol not found: _rl_filename_completion_function
   Referenced from:
/usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/powerpc-darwin8.5.0/readline.bundle
   Expected in: flat namespace

I get the same 500 Internal Server error when I try to get information
about my application's environment upon clicking on its link on my Rails
home page on localhost:3000.

Is there a fix for this?  Or would it be better to blow it out and
reinstall?
Marc-André Gagnon (Guest)
on 2006-03-11 22:05
Did you try clearing your ruby sessions in /tmp ?
Mike A. (Guest)
on 2006-03-12 01:38
Did so; got the same thing

(the bumped post above this could probably be deleted).

Marc-André Gagnon wrote:
> Did you try clearing your ruby sessions in /tmp ?
Brad D. (Guest)
on 2006-03-12 01:52
There have been issues with readline and ruby 1.8.4 on OS X. I was
getting the same error, and followed the intructions here, now all is
well:

http://www.nabble.com/Ruby-1.8.4-Mac-OS-X-readline...