Forum: Ruby on Rails Has anyone created a UAT environment to go with test, develo

Tom A. (Guest)
Has anyone tried to add another environment.

When developing I develop locally, deploy to a UAT environment for
checking that my stuff fits into the organisations infrastucture and
user testing and then deploy to production.

test and production are fine.  The main problem is that development (I
currently hack the the database.yml and drop the test branch to loose
some local development mocks when deploying to UAT - not optimal.).

I am planning to create a UAT environment, with UAT yml and mocks etc.

Has anyone done this and does anyone know of any major gotchas ahead?

Thanks

Tom
Wilson B. (Guest)
On 3/11/06, Tom A. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> I am planning to create a UAT environment, with UAT yml and mocks etc.
>
> Has anyone done this and does anyone know of any major gotchas ahead?

Works fine for me. Just create a new entry in database.yml called
'acceptance', and copy your production.rb file (under
config/environments) into acceptance.rb.
You may want to use the 'log_level' config statement to specify a
different level of logging for UAT than you use in production.
Tom A. (Guest)
Thanks, works a treat.