Forum: Ruby-Forum.com First impressions of RForum

Philip M. (Guest)
on 2006-03-11 07:23
I've been a long time mwForum user, a forum written in Perl that follows
simplicity principles (unlike more mainstream forums such as vB, phpBB,
SMF, ikon, IPB). Here's my first impressions of RForum:

* The list of forums in the left-hand side of the screen seems like a
waste of screen space. It's also hard to read because the lines are
wrapped like this:

Rails
Engines
Rails
Spinoffs
Rails
France

so it's hard to tell where the name of one forum begins and the name of
the next one ends.

* The <textarea> that I am currently typing in makes the screen too
wide, such that a horizontal scrollbar appears in 800x600 resolution.
(There'd be enough room if there wasn't that list of forums in the
left-hand side.)

* A checkbox below the "Submit" button in the form I'm typing that
allows me to set e-mail notification would be nice.

* Why are the visited and unvisited link colors forced to be the same?
This makes it harder for me to tell which topics I've already read.
Pistos C. (Guest)
on 2006-03-13 18:00
Philip Mak wrote:
> * The <textarea> that I am currently typing in makes the screen too
> wide, such that a horizontal scrollbar appears in 800x600 resolution.

+1 vote for a narrower <textarea>.

While we're on the topic of suggestions: I sure would like a Preview
button, too.