Forum: Ruby UserEngine features or howto override

wizumwalt (Guest)
Very new to Ruby and I'm working with the UserEngine from the
rails-engine.org site and I have it installed and working, but what I
want is to understand how to override the views it has under the
vendor/plugins/user_engine/app/views dir.

Also, if I need to override anything in the controller, how would I do
that as well. I don't think I should be modifying the *.rb code under
the vendor dir?

I also want to understand if a someone signs up, how the admin or other
created super user by the admin might approve that new user and
understand it's other features.

I'm researching this for an upcoming project and so far like ruby, but
need to understand more.

Any help much appreciated.
James B. (Guest)
wizumwalt wrote:
> Very new to Ruby and I'm working with the UserEngine from the
> rails-engine.org site and I have it installed and working, but what I
> want is to understand how to override the views it has under the
> vendor/plugins/user_engine/app/views dir.

You will get better, faster help on the Rails mailing list:

James
James A. (Guest)
Like James suggests, you'll get better help on the official rails or
engines mailing lists. However, as a starting point you'll want to
thoroughly read the README file that comes with the engines plugin
itself.

- james