Forum: Ruby on Rails RJS Templates?

dteare (Guest)
I've seen a couple of commits lately re: RJS templates.  Where can I
find more info on what these are?  Google came up empty :(

 >> Make rjs templates always implicitly skip out on layouts.

Thanks!
marcel (Guest)
On Fri, Nov 18, 2005 at 01:17:17PM -0500, David Teare wrote:
>    I've seen a couple of commits lately re: RJS templates.  Where can I find
>    more info on what these are?  Google came up empty :(
>    >> Make rjs templates always implicitly skip out on layouts.

Hi David,

We're going to be pushing out a demo video soon. Sit tight. Until then,
read
the rdoc and source!

marcel
--
Marcel Molina Jr. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
listbox (Guest)
On 18-nov-2005, at 19:25, Marcel Molina Jr. wrote:

> the rdoc and source!
wow
http://dev.rubyonrails.org/changeset/3078
wicked cool
technoweenie (Guest)
> wow
> http://dev.rubyonrails.org/changeset/3078
> wicked cool

Here's a live example:
http://techno-weenie.net/svn/projects/rails_help/a...

I'll be moving the app to postgres later today so you can actually see
it in action.

--
rick
http://techno-weenie.net
Julian 'Julik' Tarkhanov wrote:

> wicked cool
Ooo-er.  I think my knees just went a bit wobbly.
codyfauser (Guest)
First of all, wow!

Second, I got a small demo running using Rick's example .rjs file and
the rdocs, but I have a quick question.  The docs say 'When an .rjs
action is called with +link_to_remote+, the generated JavaScript is
automatically evaluated.'  However, I wasn't able to get the scripts
to run in the browser without adding :complete =>
'eval(request.responseText)' to my link_to_remote call, as Rick does
in his view:
http://techno-weenie.net/svn/projects/rails_help/a...

Is this the correct behaviour?

Thanks,

Cody
marcel (Guest)
On Fri, Nov 18, 2005 at 06:22:17PM -0500, Cody F. wrote:
> the rdocs, but I have a quick question.  The docs say 'When an .rjs
> action is called with +link_to_remote+, the generated JavaScript is
> automatically evaluated.'  However, I wasn't able to get the scripts
> to run in the browser without adding :complete =>
> 'eval(request.responseText)' to my link_to_remote call, as Rick does
> in his view:
> http://techno-weenie.net/svn/projects/rails_help/a...

This is true, but you need the latest version of prototype.js. If you
are
running on edge rails just do

  svn up
  rake update_javascripts

marcel
--
Marcel Molina Jr. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
Nshbrown N. (Guest)

I have dynamic stylesheets going on at the moment, and have noticed that
Basecamp even has this going on in the background.

Would be cool to see, in addition to the new JS type to the template
schema.

Warmest regards,
Nathan.

Nathaniel S. H. Brown                 Toll Free 1.877.4.INIMIT
Inimit Innovations                        Phone   604.724.6624
www.inimit.com                              Fax   604.444.9942