Forum: Ruby on Rails [ADV] New version of Rails Recipes Beta is available

Dave T. (Guest)
Folks:

For your cooking pleasure, I'm happy to announce that Chef Fowler has
added eight new recipes to his book:

* DRY Up Your Database Config
* Adding Behavior to Your ActiveRecord Associations
* Keep An Eye On Your Session Expiry
* Make your URLs Meaningful (and pretty)
* Syndicate Your Site With RSS
* Handling Bounced Email
* Dynamic Database Configuration
* Quickly Inspect Your Sessions' Contents

Enjoy

Dave
D. Taylor S. (Guest)
This routing recipe looks invaluable. Thanks again to everyone at
Pragmatic
for giving us early access to this key tome.

D. Taylor S.,
Reality Technician
Jeroen H. (Guest)
Dave T. wrote:
> Folks:
>
> For your cooking pleasure, I'm happy to announce that Chef Fowler has
> added eight new recipes to his book:

Cool. When can we download these? (I've just bought the combo deal but
these chapters weren't in it yet...)

Jeroen
Jeroen H. (Guest)
Jeroen H. wrote:
> Dave T. wrote:
>> Folks:
>>
>> For your cooking pleasure, I'm happy to announce that Chef Fowler has
>> added eight new recipes to his book:
>
> Cool. When can we download these? (I've just bought the combo deal but
> these chapters weren't in it yet...)

Whoops, they are there after all! They're kind of hidden though, I think
there's a small bug in the bookmarks view. For instance "Make your URLs
pretty" is under "Authentication". And "Making Your Own Rails Plugins"
is under "Automating Development With Your Own Generators". (expand
bookmarks to see what I mean)

HTH
Jeroen
Chris J. (Guest)
on 2006-03-09 19:01
Dave,
Thanks for the update. I just downloaded the new revision and I see that
the bookmarking is still borked. Bookmarks are incorrectly nested within
subjects. I've already informed Chad about this, but just wanted to pass
along that my "fresh" version still has the problem.
Thanks for a great book!
-Chris
Dave T. (Guest)
On Mar 9, 2006, at 10:15 AM, Jeroen H. wrote:

> Whoops, they are there after all! They're kind of hidden though, I
> think there's a small bug in the bookmarks view. For instance "Make
> your URLs pretty" is under "Authentication". And "Making Your Own
> Rails Plugins" is under "Automating Development With Your Own
> Generators". (expand bookmarks to see what I mean)

Yeah--that's a know bug with the beta--turns out to be hard to fix... :(
Matt R. (Guest)
Just got the new version today at work. Haven't had a chance to read all
the
new ones yet, though.

Looking good, thanks!