Forum: Ruby gem install getopt problem

Announcement (2017-05-07): www.ruby-forum.com is now read-only since I unfortunately do not have the time to support and maintain the forum any more. Please see rubyonrails.org/community and ruby-lang.org/en/community for other Rails- und Ruby-related community platforms.
vjoel (Guest)
on 2005-11-18 20:14
(Received via mailing list)
$ gem install getopt
Attempting local installation of 'getopt'
Local gem file not found: getopt*.gem
Attempting remote installation of 'getopt'
Successfully installed getopt-1.3.0
Installing RDoc documentation for getopt-1.3.0...
File not found: lib
$ ls /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/getopt-1.3.1
CHANGES  MANIFEST  README  test

So it seems the lib subdir is not being created for some reason.

Anyone else see this? Other gems seem fine.

$ gem -v
0.8.11
$ ruby -v
ruby 1.8.2 (2004-12-25) [i686-linux]
Daniel.Berger (Guest)
on 2005-11-18 20:26
(Received via mailing list)
Joel VanderWerf wrote:
> So it seems the lib subdir is not being created for some reason.
>
> Anyone else see this? Other gems seem fine.
>
> $ gem -v
> 0.8.11
> $ ruby -v
> ruby 1.8.2 (2004-12-25) [i686-linux]
>

That's weird.  It looks like the gem file is broken for some reason (I
just
tried a local install).  The only thing I changed was the version, from
1.3.0
to 1.3.1.

I have absolutely no idea what's wrong.

Dan
jim (Guest)
on 2005-11-18 20:50
(Received via mailing list)
Joel VanderWerf said:
> So it seems the lib subdir is not being created for some reason.
>
> Anyone else see this? Other gems seem fine.

The lib and examples directories are not included in the gem archive
itself.
Daniel.Berger (Guest)
on 2005-11-18 21:29
(Received via mailing list)
Jim W. wrote:
>>CHANGES  MANIFEST  README  test
>>
>>So it seems the lib subdir is not being created for some reason.
>>
>>Anyone else see this? Other gems seem fine.
>
>
> The lib and examples directories are not included in the gem archive itself.

Whoopsie.  I messed up the gemspec (fixed now).  I'll upload a new gem
shortly.

Dan
vjoel (Guest)
on 2005-11-18 22:21
(Received via mailing list)
Daniel B. wrote:
>>> File not found: lib
>> itself.
>
>
> Whoopsie.  I messed up the gemspec (fixed now).  I'll upload a new gem
> shortly.
>
> Dan
>

Thanks. Looking forward to trying getopt.
This topic is locked and can not be replied to.