Forum: Ruby on Rails (no subject)

Charlie B. (Guest)
Can anyone point me in the direction of a good tutorial on visual
effects in rails?  I've searched and I've asked but I can't seem to find
any good documentation on ajax visual effects, combining of effects, or
queued effects.

Charlie B.
http://www.recentrambles.com
Kevin E. (Guest)
on 2006-03-08 20:33
Charlie B. wrote:
> Can anyone point me in the direction of a good tutorial on visual
> effects in rails?  I've searched and I've asked but I can't seem to find
> any good documentation on ajax visual effects, combining of effects, or
> queued effects.
>
> Charlie B.
> http://www.recentrambles.com

I'm pretty new with the Ajax stuff, but you might want to look here:
http://script.aculo.us/ to get some help.
ChrisT (Guest)
Kevin E. wrote:

> I'm pretty new with the Ajax stuff, but you might want to look here:
> http://script.aculo.us/ to get some help.

There's some good stuff in the Agile book and Rails Recipes. Online,
check out these links:

http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2005/06/09/rail...
http://slash7.com/articles/2005/08/13/ajaxariffic-...
- goes into some detail on tweaking autocomplete.