Forum: Ruby on Rails favorite FTP client of railers

Peter M. (Guest)

Which FTP client would fit in nicely with OS X and Textmate.

Thanks,
Peter
Serdar Kılıç (Guest)
I've not had any problems using Panic software's Transmit.
http://www.panic.com/transmit/

On 08/03/06, Peter M. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

--
Cheers,
Serdar Kilic
> Hi,
>
> Which FTP client would fit in nicely with OS X and Textmate.

Is this what switchtower is for?
Ezra Z. (Guest)
I second transmit, its not free but its worth it. For a free
alternative I like http://cyberduck.ch/

-Ezra
Peter De Berdt (Guest)
Yep, Transmit is really nice, especially if you have Growl installed,
as it integrates nicely with it. I also like Interarchy very much,
because it also let's me snoop in on my network traffic and has quite
a few other nifty network tools in there.

On 08 Mar 2006, at 01:40, Ezra Z. wrote:

>> On 08/03/06, Peter M. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Which FTP client would fit in nicely with OS X and Textmate.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Peter

Best regards

Peter De Berdt
Juan Lupión (Guest)
Being a keyboard person, I am enjoying 'lftp'.

--
Harm de Laat (Guest)
For the windows user I recommend the open source solution - Filezilla

http://filezilla.sourceforge.net/

Dave
I like Transmit a lot, but I'm a bit of a cheapskate, sometimes. For
others
like me, I recommend Fugu ( http://rsug.itd.umich.edu/software/fugu/ ).
Ben M. (Guest)
David Andrew T. wrote:
> For the windows user I recommend the open source solution - Filezilla
>
> http://filezilla.sourceforge.net/

+1... fast, simple, open source, free...
Eric G. (Guest)
Another nice one for Windows is Netdrive.

http://www.acs.uwosh.edu/novell/netdrive.htm

It maps a drive on your computer to your server. Best of all, it's free
too!

Eric G.

David Andrew T. wrote:
> On 3/8/06, Harm de Laat <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

Eric G.
http://www.ericgoodwin.com
Muammar Kris Khaira (Guest)
> I like Transmit a lot, but I'm a bit of a cheapskate, sometimes.
> For others like me, I recommend Fugu ( http://rsug.itd.umich.edu/
> software/fugu/ ).

I use Cyberduck.
http://cyberduck.ch/

- it's free, open source
- supports FTP, SFTP, Spotlight and Bonjour
- it's localised in many languages
- there's TextMate support!

The latest version was released 9 days ago so this project is
definitely alive!

- Kris
http://oryzo.com
Doug B. (Guest)