Forum: Ruby on Rails RoR Hosting

Adi (Guest)
Does anyone know a decent RoR hosting in the UK?
I'm doing this for my project.

Thanks in advance,

Adi.
Didier V. (Guest)
Adi wrote:
> Hi,
> Does anyone know a decent RoR hosting in the UK?
> I'm doing this for my project.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Adi.

Hi Adi,

take a look at http://wiki.rubyonrails.com/rails/pages/RailsWebHosts
You'll find some european hosters.

But don't consider an ocean as an insuperable obstacle ;-)

Didier
Peter De Berdt (Guest)
On 09 Mar 2006, at 11:45, Didier V. wrote:

> But don't consider an ocean as an insuperable obstacle ;-)

Quite right, having used a number of European and American hosts in
the past, I have actually had a better response time both from the
servers and the support department from the American hosts than from
the European hosts. Also don't forget that while some of them might
invoice you from the UK, their datacenter might well be in the US
anyway.

Unless you have a very good reason not to, I would certainly consider
a US hosting company, their prices tend to be lower or you'll be able
to get a much better setup for the same price.

Best regards

Peter De Berdt
David Andrew T. (Guest)
I've been using A2Hosting and they've treated me well.

Dave

On 3/9/06, Peter De Berdt <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> anyway.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
David Andrew T.
http://dathompson.blogspot.com
Nagita K. (Guest)
on 2006-03-09 20:15
Adi wrote:
> Hi,
> Does anyone know a decent RoR hosting in the UK?
> I'm doing this for my project.

I contacted Rimuhosting.com and they suggested a MiroVPS2 (128MB Ram).
They seem to have a good reputation and the technology seems efficient.

NK
Neil W. (Guest)
on 2006-03-09 21:36
Adi wrote:
> Hi,
> Does anyone know a decent RoR hosting in the UK?
> I'm doing this for my project.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Adi.

What do you need and how much are you prepared to pay?

Rgs

Neil W.
Aldur Systems, UK