Forum: Ruby on Rails How does the ActionController class get loaded/accessed?

Wes G. (Guest)
on 2006-03-07 23:24
I am trying to access the Upload Progress feature in Action_Controller.

When I add

Action_Controller::Base.enable_upload_progress

to my environment.rb file, and restart WEBrick, I get the following
error:

C:\eclipse\workspace\eSimplyOnlineRails>ruby script/server
=> Booting WEBrick...
c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-1.2.5/lib/active_support/
dependencies.rb:195:in `const_missing': uninitialized constant
Action_Controller (NameError)
        from ./script/../config/../config/environment.rb:54

I can tell that basically the Action_Controller class can't be found
because I replace the method name with other method names and the result
is always the same.

Is there some configuration thing that I am missing that allows me to
make calls
on the Action_Controller class from withing environment.rb?

Thanks,
Wes G.
Wes G. (Guest)
on 2006-03-08 00:21