Forum: Ruby YARV 0.4.0 and ActiveRecord 1.13.2 rubygem

Corban Brook (Guest)
Did some initial speed tests with YARV 0.4.0 and ActiveRecord
1.13.2rubygem.

A select of 1000 records and print out to screen with YARV actually
proved
slower then ruby.

ruby: 2.1 seconds
yarv: 3.2 seconds

In my recursion tests yarv is much faster.
Andreas S. (Guest)
on 2006-03-07 22:46
Corban Brook wrote:
> Did some initial speed tests with YARV 0.4.0 and ActiveRecord
> 1.13.2rubygem.

I'm surprised that YARV is even ready to run ActiveRecord yet. Did you
try running the unit tests?

> A select of 1000 records and print out to screen with YARV actually
> proved
> slower then ruby.
>
> ruby: 2.1 seconds
> yarv: 3.2 seconds

You probably should post this to the YARV mailing list.