Forum: Ruby ruby and database connection

seid (Guest)
on 2006-03-07 21:37
any body know how to connect to mysql database in ruby?
Pistos C. (Guest)
on 2006-03-07 22:06
seid wrote:
> any body know how to connect to mysql database in ruby?

http://ruby-dbi.rubyforge.org/
http://www.kitebird.com/articles/ruby-dbi.html

Enjoy.

Pistos
Mark V. (Guest)
On 3/7/06, seid <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> any body know how to connect to mysql database in ruby?

There are many ways to do this ... DBI, Og, ActiveRecord.
I found DBI difficult to get working. ActiveRecord was much easier. I
haven't tried Og yet, but it's on my list of things to do.

You'll find lots of information about using ActiveRecord on the web.
If you want to go with ActiveRecord and can't find a good example of
using it, I can send you one.
Justin C. (Guest)
Pistos C. wrote:
> Pistos

Also this one for mysql specific:
http://www.kitebird.com/articles/ruby-mysql.html

-Justin
John N. Alegre (Guest)
seid wrote:

> any body know how to connect to mysql database in ruby?

If you want to do anything more then connect, such as move data and
present
views and you have even a remote understanding of MVC and understand
Ruby .. GET Rails!!!

john