Forum: Ruby on Rails RE: Can Ruby and PHP play nice together?

Hogan, Brian P. (Guest)
I'm doing the opposite on Dreamhost... I have a wordpress blog in the
public folder of my Rails application. Everything seems to work just
fine there.

I don't recall if I had to do anything special to make that work... I
believe that the default htaccess worked fine, as the php page were
handled by Apache instead of the dispatch.fcgi.
Ezra Z. (Guest)
If your webserver is configured for rails but also for php then you
can just put any php files or apps in your public dir and they will
just work.

-Ezra

On Mar 7, 2006, at 7:29 AM, Hogan, Brian P. wrote:

> From: removed_email_address@domain.invalid [mailto:rails-
> But, if you want some links/pages/content to use PHP and some to
>
> to rewrite them to work with Rails as, well, I don't see the point in
> or point me to some interesting links on the topic?  Being a pragmatic

-Ezra Z.
Yakima Herald-Republic
WebMaster
http://yakimaherald.com
509-577-7732
removed_email_address@domain.invalid
Chris H. (Guest)
on 2006-03-07 20:04
That's not the issue here really.  The webserver can run both PHP and
Rails apps, I just want to be able to have them running as part of the
same app, same look-and-feel without having to maintain two sets of
templates.

Ezra Z. wrote:
> If your webserver is configured for rails but also for php then you
> can just put any php files or apps in your public dir and they will
> just work.
>
> -Ezra
>
> On Mar 7, 2006, at 7:29 AM, Hogan, Brian P. wrote:
>
>> From: removed_email_address@domain.invalid [mailto:rails-
>> But, if you want some links/pages/content to use PHP and some to
>>
>> to rewrite them to work with Rails as, well, I don't see the point in
>> or point me to some interesting links on the topic?  Being a pragmatic

> -Ezra Z.
> Yakima Herald-Republic
> WebMaster
> http://yakimaherald.com
> 509-577-7732
> removed_email_address@domain.invalid
Joshua W. (Guest)
On 3/7/06, Chris H. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> That's not the issue here really.  The webserver can run both PHP and
> Rails apps, I just want to be able to have them running as part of the same
> app, same look-and-feel without having to maintain two sets of templates.

I'm not aware of an easy way to re-use Rails' layouts/views in PHP; or
vice-versa.