Forum: Ruby Re: bug in postgres-pr

Berger, Daniel (Guest)
> install postgres-pr --remote'.
> But 'DBI.available_drivers' does not show anything of
> Postgres. It shows only:
> dbi:ODBC:
> dbi:Oracle:
> dbi:Proxy:
>
> Someone have make it working?
> Thanks

I suspect that's a bug in DBI.available_drivers, since that method was
written before gems existed.

I'll take a look at that tonight.

In the meantime, even though it's not reported as being available, you
probably have it installed.  Try and connect to a database and see what
happens.

Regards,

Dan
Jim W. (Guest)
on 2006-03-08 01:01
Berger, Daniel wrote:
>> install postgres-pr --remote'.
>> But 'DBI.available_drivers' does not show anything of
>> Postgres. It shows only:
>> dbi:ODBC:
>> dbi:Oracle:
>> dbi:Proxy:
>>
>> Someone have make it working?
>> Thanks
>
> I suspect that's a bug in DBI.available_drivers, since that method was
> written before gems existed.
>
> I'll take a look at that tonight.
>
> In the meantime, even though it's not reported as being available, you
> probably have it installed.  Try and connect to a database and see what
> happens.

I don't know if this is in reference to the original DBI or Dan's
rewrite, but I can confirm that the original DBI software is not able to
find DBD drivers installed via gems.

Shouldn't be hard to fix tho.

--
-- Jim W.