Forum: Ruby on Rails rails internals?

Giles B. (Guest)
Is there a list for discussing Rails internals or is that kind of one
of those jealously guarded secret things?

Also, I seem to be being a bit of a prat today, but if you read this
closely:

http://www.rubyonrails.org/images/headlines/community.gif

Bit of a grammatical error there. (Sorry!)

Giles
Frederick R. (Guest)
Giles B. wrote :
| Is there a list for discussing Rails internals or is that kind of one
| of those jealously guarded secret things?

Well, I would say that even if no one wants to talk about internals with
you, you can at least resort to reading the sources ;)

Otherwise there are some interesting discussion on rails-core.

--
Frederick R. aka Sleeper -- removed_email_address@domain.invalid

"MSDOS didn't get as bad as it is overnight -- it took over ten years
of careful development."
(By removed_email_address@domain.invalid)
Giles B. (Guest)
merci beaucoup mon ami! (or words to that effect.)

On 3/6/06, Frederick R. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Frederick R. aka Sleeper -- removed_email_address@domain.invalid

--
Giles Goat Boy

http://gilesmakesmusic.blogspot.com
http://gileswritescode.blogspot.com
Frederick R. (Guest)
Giles B. wrote :
| merci beaucoup mon ami! (or words to that effect.)

Your french is perfect ;)

--
Frederick R. aka Sleeper -- removed_email_address@domain.invalid

"On a normal ascii line, the only safe condition to detect is a 'BREAK'
- everything else having been assigned functions by Gnu EMACS."
(By Tarl Neustaedter)
Bry M. (Guest)
on 2006-03-30 00:59
Giles B. wrote:
> Is there a list for discussing Rails internals or is that kind of one
> of those jealously guarded secret things?
>
> Also, I seem to be being a bit of a prat today, but if you read this
> closely:
>
> http://www.rubyonrails.org/images/headlines/community.gif
>
> Bit of a grammatical error there. (Sorry!)
>

> Giles

Giles,

I'm a newbie to Rails too, and I'm interested in a more thorough look at
the rails internals as well (mainly because I think ActiveRecord imposes
undue burdens on my database schema, but ActiveController is pretty
cool). If you'd like to collaborate, drop me an email.