Forum: Ruby Problems with "require" when embedding Ruby

Rurouni (Guest)
on 2006-03-06 17:59
I have Ruby interpreter embedded in engine... so far all was good. But
when I tried to require custom extension compiled in .dll(some C++
exported using SWIG) I encountered an error...  As far as I know require
simple is searching for .dll or .so with same name... Maybe SWIG
generates bad dll , but standart non embedded Ruby runs this require
very well....
Do you have any advices? Any help will be thanksfull.
Kouhei S. (Guest)

In <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
  "Problems with "require" when embedding Ruby" on Tue, 7 Mar 2006
00:59:24 +0900,
  Rurouni <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> I have Ruby interpreter embedded in engine... so far all was good. But
> when I tried to require custom extension compiled in .dll(some C++
> exported using SWIG) I encountered an error...

Are you using rb_require()? If so, try the following:

  rb_funcall(Qnil, rb_intern("require"), 1, rb_str_new2("YOUR_LIB"));