Forum: Ruby on Rails Re: Help implementing a 43things-like 'activity' measurement

Sean M. (Guest)
Matt,

> I'm trying to implement something in my app akin to 43things' main
> page, where more active topics are bigger than the less active topics.
> The difference in my app is that I'm building a business-oriented app
> and want to have a list of clients, where clients with recent activity
> are larger than others.

I'm a bit behind in my email, so you may've already received an
answer, but have you looked at the Typo code which handles tags
(keywords)?  This does exactly what you're looking for.

Grab a copy of the Typo source code via svn checkout
svn://typosphere.org/typo/trunk typo

Then take a look at app/models/tag.rb,
components/plugins/sidebars/tag_controller.rb and
components/plugins/sidebars/tag/content.rhtml.  This is the code which
varies the font-size of the tags based on their percent-used.

Regards,
Sean
Matt T. (Guest)
On 3/6/06, Sean M. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> (keywords)?  This does exactly what you're looking for.
> Sean

Good idea, I'll check that out. I haven't used Typo before, so I
didn't know it had this functionality. Thanks for the pointer.
--
-Matt T.