Forum: Ruby ruby gnome bindings on OSX

Robert Love (Guest)
I've used Fink to install the native GTK libraries and when I try to run

ruby extconf

I get failure.  It announces it ignores all libraries and counter to the
warning, there is no mkmf log file.  I've tried --topdir=/sw, which is
where Fink installs things but that  failed too.

How do I tell the config tool to look in a non-standard location for my
GTK libraries?  All advice appreciated.
Logan C. (Guest)
On Mar 5, 2006, at 10:23 PM, Robert Love wrote:

> How do I tell the config tool to look in a non-standard location
> for my
> GTK libraries?  All advice appreciated.

pkg-config should find the libraries. Make sure you  install the -dev
versions of things.