Forum: Ruby win32utils

rtilley (Guest)
"A series of packages that provide Ruby interfaces to Win32 systems and
services. This project supports Windows NT, 2000 and XP *only*"

The above is from http://rubyforge.org/projects/win32utils/
So, Windows 2003 Server is not supported?
Wayne V. (Guest)
I'll let Dan or someone else give the definitive answer, but I'm sure
Windows 2003 Server is supported.  The line you quote really intends
to exclude Win95/98/ME.

Wayne V.
No Bugs Software
Ruby, C#, C++ Agile Contract Programming in Silicon Valley
Daniel B. (Guest)
rtilley wrote:
> "A series of packages that provide Ruby interfaces to Win32 systems and
> services. This project supports Windows NT, 2000 and XP *only*"
>
> The above is from http://rubyforge.org/projects/win32utils/
> So, Windows 2003 Server is not supported?

Yes, everything should work on 2003, though I haven't personally tested
on that platform.  I suppose I should change the description line to
"This project supports the Windows NT family of operating systems
only".

Regards,

Dan