Forum: Ruby libxml problems

Mark Van H. (Guest)
We are looking at changing from using rexml in one project to libxml, as
it
proves to be much faster. However, the ruby libxml binding seems to be
missing the capability to remove elements from an XML document (or at
least
I cannot see how to do so). Also, when trying to set attributes on a
node
(properties as libxml calls them), the attributes duplicate.

If i have a node like so:
<node name="something"/>

then in ruby i do (n is the node):
n['name'] = 'something else'

Now the node looks like:
<node name="something" name="something else"/>

Anyone know what I am missing?

Thanks in advance,

Mark
Ross B. (Guest)
On Mon, 2006-03-06 at 06:46 +0900, Mark Van H. wrote:
> If i have a node like so:
> <node name="something"/>
>
> then in ruby i do (n is the node):
> n['name'] = 'something else'
>
> Now the node looks like:
> <node name="something" name="something else"/>

Hmm, this could be a bug... I'd appreciate if you could report it on the
libxml list (removed_email_address@domain.invalid) so we can look into it and
work
up a patch...