Forum: Ruby on Rails AjaxScaffold 2.2.0 released with graceful JS degredation

Richard W. (Guest)
Just wanted to let anyone know that might have checked out the generator
before and couldn't use it b/c you're project required graceful
degredation.
Well its in there now. Thanks everyone and enjoy.

Demo: http://ajaxscaffold.height1percent.com

Release Notes:
http://www.height1percent.com/articles/2006/03/04/...

--
Richard W.
Interface Designer
> Just wanted to let anyone know that might have checked out the generator
> before and couldn't use it b/c you're project required graceful degredation.
> Well its in there now. Thanks everyone and enjoy.
>
> Demo: http://ajaxscaffold.height1percent.com
>
> Release Notes:

http://www.height1percent.com/articles/2006/03/04/...

> --

I just tried the ajax_scaffold_generator for the first time.  It
worked great with full records.

I want to use it to generate detail records in a master-detail setup.

Is there a howto online anywhere that would explain how to do that?

Greg
--
Greg F.
The Norcross Group

Can you explain for the newbies what graceful degradation is and why
somebody might care?

thanks,
jp
Alexandru C. (Guest)
on 2006-03-14 18:06
It means it won't work !

Jeff P. wrote:
> Graceful degradation.  Sounds like something Rodney Dangerfield would
> have been into.
>
> Can you explain for the newbies what graceful degradation is and why
> somebody might care?
>
> thanks,
> jp
Peter De Berdt (Guest)
On 14 Mar 2006, at 17:01, Jeff P. wrote:

> Graceful degradation.  Sounds like something Rodney Dangerfield would
> have been into.
>
> Can you explain for the newbies what graceful degradation is and why
> somebody might care?

It does exactly what it says: it degrades gracefully... if javascript
isn't enabled or unavailable on the user's computer. This usually
means there's a non-ajax (i.e. with page refreshes) fallback available.

HTH!

Best regards

Peter De Berdt