Forum: Ruby on Rails Ajax commenting

ry a. (Guest)
on 2006-03-04 09:17
How hard is it to do Ajax commenting?  Can anyone provide an example,
maybe using scriptaculous as well?  I'm thinking this is fairly simple,
but maybe I'm wrong.

Thanks.
Jimmy (Guest)
on 2006-03-04 09:44
ryan heath wrote:
> How hard is it to do Ajax commenting?  Can anyone provide an example,
> maybe using scriptaculous as well?  I'm thinking this is fairly simple,
> but maybe I'm wrong.
>
> Thanks.

Ryan,

You just need to use the "form_remote_tag" for your comment form; that
will make your rails application automatically use Ajax to handle the
post.

~Jimmy
William (Guest)
on 2006-03-05 17:11
Jimmy wrote:
> ryan heath wrote:
>> How hard is it to do Ajax commenting?  Can anyone provide an example,
>> maybe using scriptaculous as well?  I'm thinking this is fairly simple,
>> but maybe I'm wrong.

You can check out:

http://www.railshosting.org/#draggable_comments_window

for an example and brief tutorial.