Forum: Ruby on Rails Yahoo UI Library with Rails

Adam D. (Guest)
Has anybody used the Yahoo UI library successfully with rails?  I am
particulary interested in some of the ratings tools they used (like 4
out of
5 stars thing rating a post).  Curious to see if anyone out there has
worked
with this at all.

adam
Conrad T. (Guest)
Hi Adam, could you tell me where I can find this information?

Thanks in advance,

-Conrad
Beate P. (Guest)
2006/3/3, Conrad T. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>:
> Hi Adam, could you tell me where I can find this information?

http://developer.yahoo.net/ypatterns/index.php

[x] google exists.

Beate
Leo S. (Guest)
on 2006-09-27 18:40
Adam D. wrote:
> Has anybody used the Yahoo UI library successfully with rails?  I am
> particulary interested in some of the ratings tools they used (like 4
> out of
> 5 stars thing rating a post).  Curious to see if anyone out there has
> worked
> with this at all.

I realize this is an old thread, but has anyone had any success with the
Yahoo UI library?

I'm planning on using it with RoR (and PHP) and would like to know if
anyone ran into issues with it (like browser compatibility, etc.).
sjungling (Guest)
I've been using Yahoo!s Reset, Font, Grid CSS files for my last couple
of Rails projects very successfully. I haven't used the JS stuff as the
bundled JS with each Rails project (Prototype and Scriptaculous have
sufficiently met my needs)
Chris B. (Guest)
On 9/27/06, Leo S. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> I realize this is an old thread, but has anyone had any success with the
> Yahoo UI library?

We used it on Lingr, when we were developing it: http://lingr.com --
which is a Rails app.

> I'm planning on using it with RoR (and PHP) and would like to know if
> anyone ran into issues with it (like browser compatibility, etc.).

We didn't run into any real issues with it. We decided not to use it
in the live app because the libraries are _large_, and we only needed
a small amount of the functionality. So it made more sense to write
our own code for the few things we needed done (like the login
dialog).

My experience with the YUI libraries was generally quite positive
though. Very powerful and well thought out.

--
Chris B., Hypsometry
http://hypsometry.com/