Forum: Ruby on Rails Blank page after inactive wait time

Riley (Guest)

I am using Webrick for development and have a problem
with Rails after leaving it inactive (overnight for
example).  After leaving the application running
without using it, the next time I try to use it I only
get blank pages when I try to access any page.  I am
guessing this is a database problem as I have gotten
blank pages when my database was misconfigured, but
not sure how to fix it.  Has anyone else experienced
this problem and fixed it?  Is this only a problem
with using Webrick?  I am using MySQL with
ActiveRecord session storage.
Thanks ahead of time.
Justin F. (Guest)
Riley wrote:
> this problem and fixed it?  Is this only a problem
> with using Webrick?  I am using MySQL with
> ActiveRecord session storage.
> Thanks ahead of time.

It used to be the case that Rails MySQL connections would time out after
8 hours... I had the impression that Rails 1.0 fixed that, but I may be
wrong.

regards

   Justin