Forum: Ruby on Rails TinyMCE or FCKEditor (WYSISYG editor)

Human D. (Guest)
TinyMCE or FCKEditor? which one is the best from your experience?
Or anything better than these two for rails env?

Thank you all,
- Dunnil
Roberto S. (Guest)
I tried many of them, the one I liked best is from the dojo toolkit.
Personally I even prefer just a resizable textarea with a tooltip-poup
for
markdown syntax)
Those richtext editors all very large and none of them uses Prototype.
Andrew VanSpronsen (Guest)
I don't know about better but TinyMCE was very easy to setup and
configure.
On my very small, simple, intranet site it hasn't had a real performance
impact either.

Andrew

On 3/3/06, Human D. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

Manuel H. (Guest)
Am 03.03.2006 um 13:33 schrieb Human D.:

> TinyMCE or FCKEditor? which one is the best from your experience?
> Or anything better than these two for rails env?

Choose TinyMCE and only because you can configure it (once you
understand how this workd - there is a nice example in their forum
somewhere) and it generates nice HTML. FCKEditor basically creates
and closes them for you.

*m