Forum: Ruby on Rails code conversion tool

Rohit M. (Guest)
Hi
  is there any tool / utility which can convert code from php to ruby ?
  thanks
Andreas S. (Guest)
on 2006-03-03 13:51
rohit mehra wrote:
> Hi
>   is there any tool / utility which can convert code from php to ruby ?
>   thanks

If such a tool existed, it could at best convert small snippets, and it
wouldn't be real Ruby code, it wold be PHP with Ruby syntax.
basio (Guest)
on 2006-03-10 18:15
Andreas S. wrote:
> rohit mehra wrote:
>> Hi
>>   is there any tool / utility which can convert code from php to ruby ?
>>   thanks
>
> If such a tool existed, it could at best convert small snippets, and it
> wouldn't be real Ruby code, it wold be PHP with Ruby syntax.

in Theory this tool can be exist.
Tristan Havelick (Guest)
What would be the point if it didn't generate real Ruby code?
Alex Y. (Guest)
Tristan Havelick wrote:
> What would be the point if it didn't generate real Ruby code?
I think the point is that it would be code that would happily run in the
Ruby interpreter, but would be written with all PHP's idioms, not taking
advantage of any of Ruby's niceness.

--
Alex