Forum: Ruby Re: Process management and control

Berger, Daniel (Guest)
> 2. Stop a process/script
> 3. Monitor a process/script to see if it dies or is
> abnormally terminated
>
> I was expecting something like:
>
> my_script = Process.new("/tmp/script.sh")
> my_script.start
>
> Essentially is there a way to create an object which is a
> system process as you might with Java?

Unfortunately, no.  Process is a module, not a class.  I think the
closest you can get is to use open3 and/or watch the process table using
something like sys-proctable (on the RAA).

I think it's an idea worth considering, though.

Regards,

Dan