Strange problem with rb-postgres

Hi *,
I’m using rb-postgres:

require ‘postgres’

begin
dbh = PGconn.new(“127.0.0.1”, 5432, “”, “”, “test”, “usertest”,
“passwdtest”)
puts dbh.server_version
dbh.close
rescue PGError => e
puts e.message
end

This code actually doesn’t work, the method server_version is undefined,
but
is documented here: http://ruby.scripting.ca/postgres/rdoc/
What’s happening here ? Is the documentation outdated ?

ngw

ngw wrote:

Hi *,
I’m using rb-postgres:

require ‘postgres’

I think this is the C extension, right? I have the version last updated

$Author: noboru $
$Date: 2003/01/06 01:38:20 $

This code actually doesn’t work, the method server_version
is undefined,

Yup.

begin
dbh = PGconn.new(“127.0.0.1”, 5432, “”, “”, “test”, “usertest”,
“passwdtest”)
puts dbh.server_version

Instead, you can:

 puts conn.exec("show server_version").result

Hope this helps

-mark.

On 3/2/06, ngw [email protected] wrote:

This code actually doesn’t work, the method server_version is undefined, but
is documented here: http://ruby.scripting.ca/postgres/rdoc/
What’s happening here ? Is the documentation outdated ?

I’ll update the link and the rdocs to show that the published rdocs
are for the most recent snapshot release. The #server_version method
is new to the snapshot releases, and is not available in 0.7.1.

Dave