Forum: Ruby on Rails Installation Problem

Guest (Guest)
on 2006-03-02 05:43
I need to install rails on my system for a class project.  I have ruby
1.8.2-14 installed and am entering at the command prompt >gem install
rails --remote

According to Curt H. installation, I should get a series of questions
to answer yes to, and then info on the installation.

All I am getting is...
Successfully installed rails_analyzer_tools, version 1.1.0
Installing RDoc documentation for rails_analyzer_tools-1.1.0...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Bryan Rieger (Guest)
Try the following - it should automatically download all the required
dependencies:

gem install rails --include-dependencies
Sean S. (Guest)
The problem is that you have an outdated version of rubygems.
Upgrade to the latest, then rinse, repeat.

-Sean
Guest (Guest)
on 2006-03-02 06:00
I have tried that.  I get..

ERROR:  While executing gem ... (OptionParser::InvalidOption)
    invalid option: --include-dependencies
David M. (Guest)
A simple option is to just download Instant Rails and run it from
there.  No installation required; just unzip into a directory and run
it.  It's about as simple as an installation can get...

It contains several of the commonly used gems; at the very least,
it'll get you going while you try to sort out the problem you've got.

Regards

Dave M.
Guest (Guest)
on 2006-03-02 06:36
Sean S. wrote:
> The problem is that you have an outdated version of rubygems.
> Upgrade to the latest, then rinse, repeat.
>
> -Sean

Thank you much. 'Tis working.
Kouhei S. (Guest)

removed_email_address@domain.invalid is not a ML for
reporting problems. If you want to use mail for reporting
them, please use
removed_email_address@domain.invalid. If you want to
use Web interface, use a tracker on SF.net.

In <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
  "installation problem" on Wed, 19 Mar 2008 16:24:24 +0100,
  "Sergueï_Cambour" <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

>         from c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in
> `require'
>         from c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/gtk2.rb:2
>         from c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in
> `gem_original_require'
>         from c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in
> `require'
>         from -e:1
> [/code]
>
> Can you please explain me what I did wrong ?

What version are you using?

kou
Kouhei S. (Guest)

Remove Ruby-GNOME2 related files in
c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/. Perhaps you installed them
before you use Win32 installer.

kou

In <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
  "Re: installation problem" on Fri, 21 Mar 2008 09:53:17 +0100,