Forum: Ruby Where to put ruby.h?

James B. (Guest)
on 2006-03-01 23:22
I install ruby via a binary rpm, however I have a requirement to provide
swig with the ruby header file.  Where in the directory structure should
I put it?  "/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/include"? "/usr/lib/ruby"?

Regards,
Jim
Eric H. (Guest)
On Mar 1, 2006, at 1:22 PM, James B. wrote:

> I install ruby via a binary rpm, however I have a requirement to
> provide
> swig with the ruby header file.  Where in the directory structure
> should
> I put it?  "/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/include"? "/usr/lib/ruby"?

ruby.h should always be here:

ruby -rrbconfig -e 'puts Config::CONFIG["archdir"]'

http://trackmap.robotcoop.com
James B. (Guest)
on 2006-03-02 06:21
Eric H. wrote:

> ruby.h should always be here:
>
> ruby -rrbconfig -e 'puts Config::CONFIG["archdir"]'

Thank you.
James B. (Guest)
on 2006-03-02 16:18
> Eric H. wrote:
>

>> ruby.h should always be here:
>>
>> ruby -rrbconfig -e 'puts Config::CONFIG["archdir"]'

After the light went on I installed the ruby-devel-1.8.4-1.c4.i386.rpm
for
CentOS4, which provided everything I needed and put it all in the right
places.