Forum: Ruby drb Applications

Reto S. (Guest)
Hi

Can anybody recommend an open source software which uses drb? It would
be interesting to see how other people have solved their problems with
drb...  (or other similar protocols).

Thanks!
Reto
Schüttel
Jamey C. (Guest)
Reto S. wrote:

>Hi
>
>Can anybody recommend an open source software which uses drb? It would
>be interesting to see how other people have solved their problems with
>drb...  (or other similar protocols).

I use drb in KirbyBase (http://netpromi.com/kirbybase_ruby.html) to
allow it to work in client/server mode.

Jamey
unknown (Guest)
On Thu, 2 Mar 2006, Jamey C. wrote:

> Reto S. wrote:
>
>> Hi
>> Can anybody recommend an open source software which uses drb? It would
>> be interesting to see how other people have solved their problems with
>> drb...  (or other similar protocols).
> I use drb in KirbyBase (http://netpromi.com/kirbybase_ruby.html) to allow it
> to work in client/server mode.
>
> Jamey

ruby queue use a local drb server to do fork/exec jobs in another
process.
this allows a pseudo-fork to occur in the middle of an sqlite
transaction -
which is otherwise not allowed.

   http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/7922
   http://codeforpeople.com/lib/ruby/rq/