Forum: Ruby on Rails Oracle Bug

Ivan M. (Guest)
on 2006-03-01 14:43
I'm using 2 database. The first wrote in MySQL and the second in Oracle.
If i use the command  "SET_TABLE_NAME" to forge the model to use another
table, there isn't no error with MySQL, while with Oracle if i ask the
view "_Form.rhtml" The compiler tell me "No sequence in SELECT
TableName_seq.nextval id from dual"(???).
Could someone tell me where is the bug?.
Could it be a problem into the oci8 library?

Ivan.
Chris (Guest)
on 2006-03-01 14:45
You need to create an oracle sequence that is named TableName_seq, that
should do it.

This is how to create a sequence:

CREATE SEQUENCE TABLENAME_SEQ INCREMENT BY 1 START WITH 100

Chris
Ivan M. (Guest)
on 2006-03-01 17:11
Thanks Chris,
But now the compiler tell me it:

invalid column name: INSERT INTO ago.prova_stats (cognome, nome, id,
telefono) VALUES('Medda', 'Ivan', :id, 70565611)

where ago.prova_stats is the table used by me and that have only the
columns 'cognome','nome' and 'telefono'.
My table hasn't the column 'id'(???).Why Rails search it?
Ivan.

Chris wrote:
> You need to create an oracle sequence that is named TableName_seq, that
> should do it.
>
> This is how to create a sequence:
>
> CREATE SEQUENCE TABLENAME_SEQ INCREMENT BY 1 START WITH 100
>
> Chris
Chris (Guest)
on 2006-03-01 17:32
Create the column 'id' and you will be ok.
Ivan M. (Guest)
on 2006-03-01 17:56
Ok,
Now the compiler search the 'id' column into the table. But tell me it:

invalid column name: select * from (select raw_sql_.*, rownum raw_rnum_
from (SELECT * FROM ago.prova_stats WHERE (ago.prova_stats.id = '1.0') )
raw_sql_ where rownum <= 1) where raw_rnum_ > 0

The problem is a bad 'id' type? I say Oracle to ALTER the Prova_stats
table,to contain the column 'id' and i give it the 'NUMBER' TYPE.
Is it correct? I think no.