Forum: Ruby on Rails Find non-empty association?

Pat M. (Guest)
I have two models, Category and Article.  Article belongs_to :category
and Category has_many :articles.  I'd like to be able to find all
non-empty categories.  What's the best way to do that?

Pat
Norman T. (Guest)
Am Mittwoch, den 01.03.2006, 04:14 -0700 schrieb Pat M.:
> I have two models, Category and Article.  Article belongs_to :category
> and Category has_many :articles.  I'd like to be able to find all
> non-empty categories.  What's the best way to do that?

Category.find(
  :all,
  :include => :articles,
  :conditions => 'articles.category_id IS NOT NULL'
)

I think this might be the right clause. But i am not 100% sure.

--
Norman T.

http://blog.inlet-media.de
Pat M. (Guest)

Thanks for the code bit.  Unfortunately I'm not sure if it works,
because I'm using HABTM.  Of course it was late and didn't ask the
proper question..but is there a nice way to do it for a HABTM?

Pat