Forum: Ruby on Rails List and update installed gems?

Conrad T. (Guest)
Hi, could someone tell me how to list and update the currently
installed gems on my rails installation?

Thanks in advance,

-Conrad
Charlie B. (Guest)
If you'll run gem_server and then point you browser to
http://localhost:8808 you'll see a list of your installed gems.

On Tue, 2006-02-28 at 10:33 -0800, Conrad T. wrote:

> Hi, could someone tell me how to list and update the currently
> installed gems on my rails installation?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> -Conrad

Charlie B.
http://www.recentrambles.com
Jeff C. (Guest)
on 2006-02-28 20:58
Conrad T. wrote:
> Hi, could someone tell me how to list and update the currently
> installed gems on my rails installation?

I use

c:>gem list

to see the list.  I believe

c:>gem update --include-dependencies

will update all your gems and all of their dependencies.  I usually
update one gem at a time, for example:

c:>gem update rake --include-dependencies

but according to the help (gem update --help) it seems to imply that all
gems will be updated if you don't specify a particular gem.

HTH,
Jeff
www.softiesonrails.com
Ezra Z. (Guest)
On Feb 28, 2006, at 10:47 AM, Charlie B. wrote:

>> lists.rubyonrails.org/mailman/listinfo/rails
>
> Charlie B.
> http://www.recentrambles.com

Conrad-

	This command will list all your currently installed gems:

$ gem list

	And this one will list all the gems available from rubyforge:

$ gem list --remote

	And to update all your installed gems:

$ sudo gem update

	Also this is your friend:

$ gem help

Cheers-
-Ezra Z.
Yakima Herald-Republic
WebMaster
http://yakimaherald.com
509-577-7732
removed_email_address@domain.invalid
Conrad T. (Guest)
Hi , thanks for the information.

-Conrad
Conrad T. (Guest)
Hi, how does one know when update a gem?  Is it a blog that one can
reference to tell them to update Rails gems?

Thanks in advance,

-Conrad