Forum: Ruby Visual debuggers for Ruby

Asfand Yar Q. (Guest)

I normally use DDD for debugging my C/C++ code, and know it can debug
Perl
scripts.  What graphical debugging is available for Ruby?  I found
KDevelop,
but using it as a graphical debugger seems a bit overkill.

Thanks

--
To reply, take of all ZIGs !!

Alternative email address: removed_email_address@domain.invalid
Edwin V. (Guest)
on 2006-02-28 19:06
Asfand Yar Q. wrote:
> What graphical debugging is available for Ruby?
Mr GUID:
http://mr-guid.rubyforge.org/

> Thanks
No problem
Meinrad R. (Guest)
On 2/28/06, Asfand Yar Q. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
Justin C. (Guest)
Asfand Yar Q. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I normally use DDD for debugging my C/C++ code, and know it can debug
> Perl scripts.  What graphical debugging is available for Ruby?  I
> found KDevelop, but using it as a graphical debugger seems a bit
> overkill.
>
> Thanks

There have been several posts lately about a new graphical debugger for
ruby:

http://mr-guid.rubyforge.org/

-Justin
James H. (Guest)
Have you tried this? http://mr-guid.rubyforge.org/

James
Jeff J. (Guest)
on 2006-03-01 16:02
James H. wrote:
> Have you tried this? http://mr-guid.rubyforge.org/
>
> James

Just looking at this quickly, can it be used to debug a Ruby on Rails
web application? Looking at it's startup modes it doesn't look like it
but hey, I am a noob!

Thanks

Jeff
Michael T. (Guest)
Also, look into arachnoruby
(http://www.ruby-ide.com/ruby/ruby_ide_and_ruby_editor.php)  It has an
excellent graphic debugger.  But I do not know how good the linux
support is.

Michael
Curt H. (Guest)
On 3/1/06, Michael T. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Also, look into arachnoruby
> (http://www.ruby-ide.com/ruby/ruby_ide_and_ruby_editor.php)  It has an
> excellent graphic debugger.  But I do not know how good the linux
> support is.

I can second this -- its probably the best graphical debugger
available at the moment., but it is a  commercial IDE. ActiveState's
Komodo IDE also has a graphical debugger that is good but slow (the
last time I used it -- they may have fixed this).

If you're look for open source, then you can find graphical debuggers
in the RDT Eclipse plugin, and FreeRIDE.

Curt