Forum: Ruby on Rails dispatch.fcgi aborted: error parsing headers

Marc-André Gagnon (Guest)
on 2006-02-28 17:57
I'm trying to do file upload with rails and fcgi. Basically, i want my
users to be able to upload images on the server.

After the upload, I get a 500 error from apache and in the error log I
find this:

FastCGI: comm with server
"/var/www/workspace/mydomain/public/dispatch.fcgi" aborted: error
parsing headers: malformed header
'R0lGODlh9AH0AfcAAGA5YEAmQCATIP+Z/++P79+G3898z69pr49Wj4BNgHBD'

The images are uploaded and saved successfully. The problem seems to
happen when the upload is completed. I've looked all over the web and
didnt find anything.

I'm using ...

Apache 1.3
Rails 1.0
mod_fcgi 2.4.2

Any help is appreciated, thanks
David N. Welton (Guest)
Marc-André Gagnon wrote:

> FastCGI: comm with server
> "/var/www/workspace/mydomain/public/dispatch.fcgi" aborted: error
> parsing headers: malformed header
> 'R0lGODlh9AH0AfcAAGA5YEAmQCATIP+Z/++P79+G3898z69pr49Wj4BNgHBD'
>
> The images are uploaded and saved successfully. The problem seems to
> happen when the upload is completed. I've looked all over the web and
> didnt find anything.

Random idea that I accidentally hit:

Are you doing any puts calls to stdout?  That works ok in webrick, but
not under fastcgi.

--
David N. Welton
- http://www.dedasys.com/davidw/

Linux, Open Source Consulting
- http://www.dedasys.com/
magagnon (Guest)
on 2006-03-01 04:44
David N. Welton wrote:

> Random idea that I accidentally hit:
>
> Are you doing any puts calls to stdout?  That works ok in webrick, but
> not under fastcgi.
>
> --
> David N. Welton
> - http://www.dedasys.com/davidw/
>
> Linux, Open Source Consulting
> - http://www.dedasys.com/

No i'm not. There is not puts or print in my code.