Forum: Ruby Wherefore art thou RedCloth 3.1?

Bil K. (Guest)
In ruby-talk 129874 (7 Feb '05), why the lucky stiff wrote:

 > Let me give you a roadmap of what to expect with RedCloth 3 in the
 > coming months.
 >
 > RedCloth 3.1 will focus on getting us diverse outputs.  I am
reconciling
 > LaTeX and Docbook patches right now.  I also have a ClibPDF patch.

Have the PDF output plans been tabled?

Bil K.
http://fun3d.larc.nasa.gov

BTW, ?Wherefore? means ?why? according to
http://www.cjr.org/tools/lc/wherefore.asp
Gregory B. (Guest)
> In ruby-talk 129874 (7 Feb '05), why the lucky stiff wrote:
>  >
>  > Let me give you a roadmap of what to expect with RedCloth 3 in the
>  > coming months.
>  >
>  > RedCloth 3.1 will focus on getting us diverse outputs.  I am reconciling
>  > LaTeX and Docbook patches right now.  I also have a ClibPDF patch.
>
> Have the PDF output plans been tabled?

Whoa!  If Redcloth gets these things, it'll make Ruport's life a lot
easier!
Jay L. (Guest)
On Wed, 1 Mar 2006 00:48:44 +0900, Gregory B. wrote:

> Whoa!  If Redcloth gets these things, it'll make Ruport's life a lot easier!

Don't get too excited - I was all atwitter too until I realized that
that
post was from February *2005*.  RedCloth dev isn't quite dead - svn log
shows occasional checkins to trunk in the past few months - but I
haven't
seen any talk of release anywhere, or even acknowledgement of the known
bugs in 3.0.4, the redcloth-upwards mailing list is dormant, and
questions
here go unanswered by the authors.

Sniff.

Jay L.