Forum: Ruby on Rails How to use Ruby on Rails on OS X

Tom M. (Guest)
Alain R. (Guest)
> http://developer.apple.com/tools/rubyonrails.html

Too bad they didn't mention Locomotive.

Alain
Mat (Guest)
on 2006-03-01 07:37
Alain R. wrote:
>> http://developer.apple.com/tools/rubyonrails.html
>
> Too bad they didn't mention Locomotive.

If you just want to experiment in a way you can easily remove the
software if you don't like it (but you will like it), definitely try
Locomotive. All the components, servers and packages are all bundled up
in a single drag-install app, called Locomotive. Don't like it, drag it
to the trash!

Mat Cucuzella
Peter De Berdt (Guest)
On 01 Mar 2006, at 06:37, Mat wrote:

> drag it
> to the trash!

I've tried Locomotive, but it doesn't seem to honor my edgerails
installation. Edgerails is in the vendor's directory, so it should
load instead of Rails 1.0, but it doesn't. Is this normal behavior?

Best regards

Peter De Berdt
Ryan R. (Guest)
On Wednesday, March 01, 2006, at 8:53 AM, Peter De Berdt wrote:
>I've tried Locomotive, but it doesn't seem to honor my edgerails
>installation. Edgerails is in the vendor's directory, so it should
>load instead of Rails 1.0, but it doesn't. Is this normal behavior?

Locomotive and EdgeRails play well together.  (Note that edge rails
reports a version number of 1.0 if that's what you're going by...)

-r