Forum: Ruby on Rails Re: Rails 1.1

Scott R. (Guest)
Hendrik M. wrote:
> I was hoping for kind of a preview, since I know there are
> people out there who've been working with HEAD and are somewhat
> up-to-date on what awaits us in 1.1.

Here's the preview you're looking for:

   http://scottraymond.net/articles/2006/02/28/rails-1.1

It's not every last change, but it's all of those that I considered
interesting.

Best-
 :sco
Tom M. (Guest)
On Feb 27, 2006, at 7:08 PM, Scott R. wrote:

> interesting.
Thanks, Scott.

--
-- Tom M.
Ben M. (Guest)
Scott R. wrote:
>>I was hoping for kind of a preview, since I know there are
>>people out there who've been working with HEAD and are somewhat
>>up-to-date on what awaits us in 1.1.
>
> Here's the preview you're looking for:
>
>    http://scottraymond.net/articles/2006/02/28/rails-1.1
>
> It's not every last change, but it's all of those that I considered interesting.

Apologies for contributing to the meandering thread but I've been
meaning to ask this:
what is "Railties"? Is that "rail ties" as in the things that support
the rails... the
basic build blocks?

Jeff C. (Guest)
Yes, "railties" is sort of the deep-down glue that supports the "rails".
 Looks to me like mostly configuration and low-level infrastructure.
That's been my guess though I'm not totally sure.

And now that I've actually made the guess out loud, no doubt someone
else will point out that I'm quite wrong :-)  But seriously... that's
what I've surmised as well.

Jeff
www.softiesonrails.com
Hendrik M. (Guest)
> Here's the preview you're looking for:
>
>    http://scottraymond.net/articles/2006/02/28/rails-1.1
>
> It's not every last change, but it's all of those that I considered interesting.

Awesome, thank you very much. :)

--
http://www.mans.de