Forum: Ruby on Rails list of countries, states, cp, etc.

Rodrigo D. (Guest)
I'm doing a registration form.

I saw many registrations forms which asks you for a country and it lists
all the countries of the world, and when you select a country the form
is actualized with all the states or provinces, and when you select a
state/province then the form is actualized with all the cities.

I'm looking to do something like that, is there a free service or pay
services that offers such a list (perhaps by tables or by web services)
that I can look for?

Thank you
Lindsay B. (Guest)
on 2006-02-27 17:34
 > I saw many registrations forms which asks you for a country and it
lists
> all the countries of the world

I don't know if such a service exists, but if you decide to roll your
own solution, ISO maintains a list of countries and regions. Try a
google on ISO 3166.
Aurélien DEHAY (Guest)
Hello.

Rodrigo D. wrote:
> I?m doing a registration form.
>
> I saw many registrations forms which asks you for a country and it lists
> all the countries of the world, and when you select a country the form
> is actualized with all the states or provinces, and when you select a
> state/province then the form is actualized with all the cities.
>
> I?m looking to do something like that, is there a free service or pay
> services that offers such a list (perhaps by tables or by web services)
> that I can look for?

Here is a US state list: http://www.bigbold.com/snippets/posts/show/1502

I suppose such lists are available from other free softwares...

Rgds.
Rodrigo D. (Guest)
Thank you, I just forgot to mention that I need the global list, I guess
there should be a web service or a company offering the service

Rodrigo D.

Iplan Networks                Datos Personales
removed_email_address@domain.invalid       removed_email_address@domain.invalid
www.iplan.com.ar              www.rorra.com.ar
5031-6303                     15-5695-6027

--
Aurélien