Forum: Ruby Re: Support for audio recording and analysis using Ruby?

unknown (Guest)
Dear Wank,

There is a sound toolkit "Snack" you can use:

_http://www.speech.kth.se/snack/_ (http://www.speech.kth.se/snack/)

There are Ruby bindings for it available under:

_http://rbsnack.sourceforge.net/intro.html_
(http://rbsnack.sourceforge.net/intro.html)

I think you can do FFT analysis directly with Snack.

Best regards,

Axel
Wink Saville (Guest)

> I think you can do FFT analysis directly with Snack.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Axel

Thanks for the info, looks interesting but seems to be somewhat out of
date 2002 anyone know of anything somewhat more up to date?

Wink